(1) There are two types of Class 5 licenses:
(a) a Class 5 provisional license that is valid for three years; and
(b) a Class 5A provisional license that is valid for one year.
(2) A Class 5 provisional license is valid for a term of three years, is not renewable, and may not be reinstated. A Montana educator may be issued only one Class 5 provisional license per teaching license (Class 1 or 2), administrator license (Class 3), or specialist license (Class 6). A Class 5 provisional license is not available for an initial Class 4 license or a Class 7 or 8 license.
(3) An applicant for a Class 5 provisional license must sign and file with the Superintendent of Public Instruction a plan of professional intent leading, within three years of the date of validity of the provisional license, to an appropriately endorsed Class 1, 2, 3, or 6 license as provided in ARM 10.57.412, 10.57.414 through 10.57.419, or 10.57.434 and 10.57.436.
(4) An applicant for a Class 5 provisional license who has graduated from an educator preparation program outside of Montana must provide proof of:
(a) a minimum passing score on the Praxis Subject Assessment applicable to the requested endorsement; or hold current certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in an area approved for endorsement in Montana, and apply for endorsement in the same area; and
(b) have a current Montana address or job offer from an accredited or state-funded P-12 school in Montana.
(5) An applicant for a Class 5 provisional license must provide verified completion of the online course "An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana."
(6) A Class 5 provisional licensee is not eligible for a Board of Public Education approved internship program in the same endorsement area subsequent to the Class 5 licensure expiration date.
(7) A Class 5A provisional license will be issued to those individuals seeking their initial Montana educator license who meet all licensure requirements except for successful completion of the Montana required Praxis test. This license is valid for one year and is non-renewable.