(1) A licensee may surrender his or her license to the Superintendent of Public Instruction. The Superintendent of Public Instruction, upon review, may accept or reject the license surrender.
(2) Surrender of a license to the Superintendent of Public Instruction does not relieve the reporting requirements set forth in 20-4-110, MCA.
(3) The Superintendent of Public Instruction may investigate further following the surrender of a license and shall maintain a record of the circumstances surrounding the surrender of any license. The contents of that record shall be available for review by the licensing authority from any other jurisdiction in which the educator/specialist seeks licensure.
(4) Surrender of a license is permanent and irrevocable, unless specified otherwise in the document of surrender. Surrender of a license is a sanction against an educator or specialist and may prejudice the ability of an educator/specialist to successfully seek relicensure.
(5) The Superintendent of Public Instruction shall immediately inform the Board of Public Education of each surrender of a license and of the circumstances surrounding the surrender.