(1) The provider shall obtain written consent from the parents for any transportation provided.
(2) The operator of the vehicle shall be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid Montana driver's license.
(3) The passenger doors on the vehicle must be locked whenever the vehicle is in motion.
(4) With the exception of public transportation that is not required by law to be equipped with safety restraints, no vehicle shall begin moving until all children are seated and secured in age and weight appropriate safety restraints, which must remain fastened at all times the vehicle is in motion. Each child shall have a safety restraint. Children shall not share a safety seat or a safety restraint.
(5) Children under four years of age may not be transported in a vehicle which does not provide age appropriate safety restraints or in a vehicle which cannot accommodate a car seat or a booster seat in a manner that conforms with National Highway Transportation Safety Administration recommendations.
(6) Children shall never be left unattended in a vehicle.
(7) The back of pickup trucks must not be used to transport children.
(8) Facilities providing transportation for children under six years of age or children six years of age but weighing less than 60 pounds shall comply with the following requirements:
(a) all vehicles shall be equipped with children's car seats or booster seats that meet federal Department of Transportation recommendations for the age and weight of the child being transported;
(b) car seats or booster seats shall be fastened securely to the seat or to the floor of the vehicle. Children shall be secured with safety belts which are secured within the vehicle according to factory assembly;
(c) there shall be no more than one child in each car seat;
(d) there shall be one adult in addition to the driver for each four children under age two being transported; and
(e) an adult shall accompany each child to and from the vehicle to the child's home or the home authorized by the parents to receive the child.
(9) No child shall be left unattended in a vehicle.