(1) The department will specify funding cycles and application deadlines as necessary.
(2) The department may return an insufficient or incomplete proposal for correction or completion. The department may provide the applicant with reasons for the proposal's return and a brief description of the information required in order to make the proposal correct or complete, or both. If these corrections or completions, or both, are not made, the proposal will not be evaluated.
(3) Proposals which more closely fit the legislative authority of another loan or grant program within state government will be referred to that program for review.
(4) The applicant may request assistance from the department in completing the application. The department will provide such assistance, the level of which will be determined by availability of staff and funds.
(5) Advisory council will review, rank and recommend proposed projects and funding according to the guidelines and criteria described in ARM 4.5.108. Advisory council recommendations will be submitted to the department for final review and determination of funding. The applicant will receive written notification from the department of the action taken on the proposal.