(1) A vendor seeking to promote product must do so through registered vendor representatives. A vendor is not required to register individuals who only promote product at the distiller's licensed premises. The vendor must also obtain a vendor permit pursuant to ARM 42.11.213.
(2) An electronic application and the registration fee must be submitted for each applicant seeking to represent a vendor.
(3) The department shall approve an application upon determining that the applicant:
(a) possesses no ownership interest in any Montana alcoholic beverage retail license or an agency liquor store;
(b) is 21 years of age or older; and
(c) is a resident of Montana.
(4) A representative's registration is effective upon the department's approval of the application. All registrations expire on September 30 of each year.
(5) A representative seeking registration renewal shall submit an electronic renewal application and the vendor representative registration fee on or before September 1 of each year.
(6) The department shall cancel the registration of a vendor's representative if requested in writing by the vendor.
(7) The annual registration fee for each applicant is $50. This fee must be paid when the applicant first seeks approval to represent a vendor and upon each renewal of the registration thereafter.