(1) The director retains the authority to issue a final agency decision (FAD) on all matters except those identified in (2).
(2) The director delegates to the ODR the authority to issue a FAD on liquor licensing protests, marijuana matters, bad debt matters, tax matters, and collection matters. The delegation to issue a FAD applies only to matters referred to the ODR.
(3) An FAD on liquor matters, marijuana matters, liquor licensing protests, and bad debt matters may be appealed to the district court by filing a petition for judicial review within 30 days after service of the FAD.
(4) An FAD on a tax matter or collection matter may be appealed to the Montana Tax Appeal Board as provided in 15-2-302, MCA, by filing an appeal within 30 days following receipt of the FAD.
(5) If no decision is rendered by the end of the 180-day period specified in 15-1-211, MCA, the department shall notify the parties that they are entitled to carry their appeal forward by filing a complaint with the appropriate reviewing authority within 30 days after service of the notice.