(1) The main purpose of the Helena Valley Regulating Reservoir is to impound the waters for irrigation and for domestic water supply for the city of Helena.
(2) No boathouse or landing float, pier, or other docking or mooring device shall be installed without a written permit issued by the department or the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.
(3) The reservoir is restricted to manually operated watercraft and watercraft powered by electric motors only.
(4) Boat regattas and racing are prohibited.
(5) No swimming or wading is permitted except when launching or removing a vessel from the reservoir.
(6) Pets may not occupy the water but are allowed on ice covering the reservoir.
(7) The following are prohibited upon ice covering the reservoir:
(a) fires; and
(b) all-terrain vehicles, off highway vehicles, snowmobiles, and any other vehicles.