(1) Application for a TANF loan shall be made through
a housing assistance organization approved by the board.
(2) The housing assistance organization to which the
application has been made shall verify eligibility of the caretaker relative
for the TANF loan fund using guidelines provided by the Montana department of
public health and human services.
(3) If the housing assistance organization considers
the applicant eligible for a TANF loan, it shall submit the application to the
board for approval.
(4) The board, or
personnel designated by the board, shall review each application for a TANF
loan to approve the application if the housing assistance organization has
certified that eligibility requirements have been met and loan documentation
has appropriately been completed.
(5) Applications that are substantially incomplete
shall not be processed but will be returned to the housing assistance
(6) When an application for a TANF loan has been
approved by the board or its designated staff, the board shall make the loan to
the applicant, subject to the availability of funds. The board shall deduct an
amount from the housing assistance organization's TANF allocation equal to the
amount of the approved TANF loan and the administrative fee provided for in ARM