(1) The owner of a community or nontransient noncommunity public water supply or wastewater treatment system shall retain a certified operator, as defined in Title 37, chapter 42, MCA, to perform monitoring and reporting in accordance with the requirements of this subchapter. The certified operator must be in responsible charge of the public water supply or wastewater treatment system in accordance with Title 37, chapter 42, MCA.
(2) The owner of a public water supply or wastewater treatment system shall provide, no later than 30 days after the issuance of a written request by the department, the name, address, and telephone number of a designated person who shall be responsible for contact and communications with the department in matters relating to system alteration, extension and construction, monitoring and sampling, maintenance, operation, record keeping, notification, and reporting.
(3) The owner of a public water supply or wastewater treatment system shall report any change in certified operator or designated person to the department within 30 days after the change.
(4) Any communication or notice made by the department to a person designated under (2) is deemed to be adequate communication or notice to the owner of the public water supply or wastewater treatment system.
(5) The department hereby adopts and incorporates by reference Title 37, chapter 42, MCA, which establishes requirements for operators of public water supply systems and wastewater treatment plants. A copy may be obtained from the Department of Environmental Quality, P.O. Box 200901, Helena, MT 59620-0901.