(1) Equipment used for the conveying and hauling of water must have water contact surfaces that are made of non-corrodible and non-toxic materials. All interior coatings, platings, or paints shall be free of toxic materials.
(2) Water-contact surfaces must be smooth for easy cleaning and sanitizing.
(3) Inlets, outlets, piping, hose, and tank openings must be constructed to prevent entrance of foreign materials that may contaminate the water.
(4) The tanks or containers shall be free of deep pits, excessive scale, dents, or crimps which may tend to hold contaminating matter.
(5) All water contact surfaces including tanks must never have been used to transport or handle toxic or noxious substances.
(6) All inlet openings must be kept closed except when filling or cleaning.
(7) Flexible delivery piping, connectors, and ends are to be protected at all times. During delivery, cistern or reservoir must be protected from contamination.
(8) Tanks used for hauling water for human consumption shall not be used for any other purpose.
(9) Each piece of equipment used to haul water may be inspected periodically by representatives of the department.