(1) Active licensees shall affirm an understanding of the duty to complete a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education (CE) during each renewal period per ARM 24.101.413.
(2) Licensees shall complete four hours of CE in professional boundaries and ethics every four-year reporting period. These hours shall be in addition to and not count toward the 12 hours of CE required each renewal period.
(3) New licensees shall:
(a) complete 12 hours of CE between the date of original Montana licensure and the end of the first full renewal period; and
(b) affirm their understanding of the requirement on the second renewal application.
(4) Licensees converting from inactive to active status shall comply with the CE requirements of ARM 24.126.701.
(5) The board may randomly audit up to 50 percent of renewed licensees.
(6) CE hours cannot be accumulated and carried over from one renewal period to the next.
(7) Licensees found to be in noncompliance with CE requirements may be subject to administrative suspension.
(8) A licensee may request an exemption from CE requirements due to hardship. Requests will be considered by the board.