(1) Only those junk vehicles which are accompanied by a properly completed certificate of title, sheriff's certificate of sale, or sheriff's release may be sold.
(2) Sales shall be conducted on a competitive bidding basis.
(3) Junk vehicles may be sold only to licensed motor vehicle wrecking facilities. All bidders must provide proof of a valid motor vehicle wrecking facility license prior to the sale.
(4) Junk vehicles must be sold as complete units. Portions or component parts of junk vehicles may not be sold.
(5) A properly completed title, sheriff's certificate of sale, or sheriff's release must be provided by the county to the purchaser at the time the purchaser takes possession of the vehicle. In addition, the county shall provide to the purchaser a sales receipt and a signed release of interest statement from the county junk vehicle program.
(6) The county shall issue sales receipts and release of interest statements on forms provided by the department.
(7) Payment must be made by the purchaser on the day of the sale in the form of a business check, certified check, guaranteed bank draft or money order.
(8) The purchaser of a vehicle must remove the vehicle from the motor vehicle graveyard within three working days of the date of the sale.