(1) Upgrade or relocation of a conforming sign which results in a change from that shown on the last approved permit application will require a new application for upgrade of the existing permit. Applicants will be charged a nonrefundable inspection fee. Failure to obtain upgrade or relocation approval prior to performing the upgrade or relocation may result in revocation of the permit. Changes requiring upgrade or relocation approval include changes in:
(d) area on which copy appears;
(e) number or position of the facings;
(f) types of materials used (e.g., wood to steel); or
(g) additions to the sign structure (e.g., adding lights).
(2) Any application for relocation or upgrade must meet the standard of lawful ordinance, regulation, or resolution of county or local government and the upgrade or relocation must be approved by the county or local government before consideration by the department.
(3) The sign owner must obtain written permission from the landowner or submit proof of a permanent property right (e.g., an easement) for the sign site. The proposed relocation site must meet all zoning requirements or qualify as an unzoned commercial or industrial area.
(4) No outdoor advertising structure may be maintained from across right-of-way control access fences or boundaries.
(5) Approved upgrade or relocation work must be completed within 90 days of department approval. The sign owner must provide the department with written and photo verification of the upgrade or relocation work performed.