(1) In order to receive the first retirement benefit in a timely manner, prospective retirees must request an estimate of retirement benefits no less than 30 days prior to a member's anticipated retirement date.
(2) The request must include the retiring member's:
(a) full name;
(b) social security number;
(c) mailing address;
(d) date of birth;
(e) name, social security number, and date of birth of beneficiary, if any;
(f) name, social security number, and date of birth of contingent annuitant(s), if any; and
(g) anticipated date of retirement.
(3) Upon request, MPERA will calculate retirement benefit estimates for the eligible retiring member and their contingent annuitant(s) under any options which are statutorily available and will mail those estimates along with complete retirement information and an application for service retirement to the member.
(4) Based on the retirement estimates and information provided by MPERA, the member may elect whether to retire and if so, the statutorily-allowed retirement option the member prefers. A member wishing to retire must return a signed retirement application to MPERA, along with certified copies of the member's and the member's contingent annuitant's birth certificates or other acceptable proof of age, before benefits will be paid.
(5) The option factors used in the calculation of the option 2 or option 3 retirement benefit pursuant to ARM 2.43.1306 will be based on the nearest whole ages of the member and contingent annuitant.
(6) Retirement applications must be received by the 14th of any month in order for the initial retirement benefit to be paid that month.