(1) The board shall establish a prescription drug registry advisory group, to provide information and advice about the development and operation of the prescription drug registry.
(2) The advisory group shall consist of, but is not limited to, representatives of:
(a) Montana boards of pharmacy, medical examiners, nursing, and dentistry;
(b) Montana pharmacy associations, medical associations, nursing associations, dental associations, and associations that advocate for patients;
(c) tribal health, Medicaid and Medicare, and public health agencies;
(d) the Department of Justice; and
(e) the Montana Legislature.
(3) The members of the advisory group shall serve at the pleasure of their respective appointing authorities.
(4) The members of the advisory group shall elect a chair and a vice chair whose duties shall be established by the advisory group.
(5) The advisory group shall establish policies and procedures necessary to carry out duties.
(6) The board shall establish a time and a place for regular meetings of the advisory group, which shall meet at least once a year.