As used in this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Injured worker" means an individual who has filed a claim for a workers' compensation injury or occupational disease and who does not meet the definition of a disabled worker.
(2) "Insurer" means an employer bound by compensation plan No. 1, an insurance company transacting business under compensation plan No. 2, or the state fund under compensation plan No. 3, as defined in 39-71-116, MCA.
(3) "Medical status form" means the department reporting form completed by an injured worker's treating physician or designee, which documents an injured worker's medically necessary work restrictions and work abilities.
(4) "Outcome report form" means the department reporting form completed by an insurer or vocational rehabilitation counselor, which documents the results for the injured worker of SAW/RTW assistance.
(5) "Request" means a request for SAW/RTW assistance by letter, e-mail, or telephone call to the department or insurer. A request must include, at a minimum, the name of the injured worker, the requestor's name and requestor's telephone number. A note in a medical record does not constitute a request.
(6) "SAW/RTW" means stay at work/return to work.
(7) "Time-of-injury employer" means the employer under whose employment a worker was injured or developed an occupational disease.
(8) "Transitional employment" means work for the injured worker with the time-of-injury employer offered by the employer for a temporary period of time, and may include a reduction in hours, workplace modifications, and alternative job duties.
(9) "Vocational rehabilitation counselor" means a rehabilitation provider who possesses current certification from the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification, as defined in 39-71-1011, MCA.