(1) Applicants for licensure as a mortuary or branch establishment must submit a completed application on forms provided by the department. Completed applications include appropriate fees and required documentation.
(2) Applicants for licensure as a mortuary must:
(a) designate a mortician-in-charge;
(b) apply for a temporary permit; and
(c) once a temporary permit has been issued, pass an initial inspection by a board-designated inspector. The inspection is based on the operation standards described in these statutes and rules.
(3) Applicants for licensure of an existing mortuary with a change in ownership must meet the applicable requirements in ARM 24.147.407 in addition to the requirements listed in (1) and (2).
(4) Applicants for transfer of an existing mortuary license per 37-19-402, MCA, must meet the applicable requirements in ARM 24.147.407 in addition to the requirements listed in (1) and (2).
(5) Applicants for licensure of a branch establishment must meet:
(a) the definition of a branch establishment as defined in 37-19-101, MCA; and
(b) the requirements described in (1) and (2).