(1) The requirements in this rule apply to systems for which plans and specifications must be submitted to the department by a professional engineer under ARM 17.36.310(2)(a), ARM 17.36.320(2), or ARM 17.36.333(1)(b)(i).
(2) The applicant shall submit documentation in the application indicating commitment to retain a professional engineer to provide certification that the system was built in conformance with the plans and specifications approved by the reviewing authority.
(3) A person may not commence or continue the operation of the system, or any portion of the system, until a professional engineer has certified by letter to the department that the system, or portion of the system constructed, altered, or extended to that date, was completed in substantial accordance with the plans and specifications approved by the department and that there are no deviations from the design standards of the applicable circulars, other than those previously approved by the department.
(4) Within 90 days after completion of construction of the system, a set of certified "as-built" drawings must be signed by a professional engineer and submitted to the department.
(5) If construction of the system is not completed within three years after the department has issued its written approval of the plans and specifications, the approval is void and plans and specifications must be resubmitted to the department with appropriate fees, for review and approval. If the original conditions of approval, applicable rules, and design standards have not changed since the department approved the system, the department shall reissue the approval to allow an additional three years to complete construction.