(1) Applicants for LCPC candidate licenses not currently licensed in another state or jurisdiction must submit a completed application on forms provided by the department. Completed applications include appropriate fees and required documentation.
(2) Applicants must have a degree that is primarily counseling in nature from:
(a) a CACREP-accredited program that is at least 60 semester credits; or
(b) an accredited institution and a program that is at least 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits and includes the CACREP core competencies.
(3) In addition to the degree requirements in (2):
(a) the degree can only have a maximum of 12 post-baccalaureate graduate semester (18 quarter) credits or up to 20 semester (30 quarter) credits of a completed graduate counseling degree transferred from other institutions or programs; and
(b) credits earned during the degree program that were obtained more than six years prior to the date of graduation do not count toward the education requirements in this rule and 37-23-202(1) or (2), MCA.
(4) In addition to the degree requirements in (2) and (3), applicants must:
(a) have a supervisor that meets the requirements in ARM 24.219.421;
(b) have completed a Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprint background check per 37-23-213, MCA, within six months of the application date; and
(c) provide verification of any professional license(s) the applicant has ever held in any state or jurisdiction.
(5) Incomplete applications will automatically expire one year from the date the fee was received. If an application expires, the applicant must reapply and pay all appropriate fees.