(1) The board shall approve peer review sponsoring organizations, programs, and standards.
(2) The board adopts peer review programs administered by entities fully involved in the administration of the AICPA peer review programs, as approved sponsoring organizations, without further requirements.
(3) Any board-approved peer review program and any peer reviewer performing a peer review under this subchapter shall utilize the AICPA Standards for Performing and Reporting on Peer Reviews or equivalent as determined by the board.
(4) A sponsoring organization, other than those who administer the AICPA peer review program, must provide evidence that the overall program and standards, including procedures, guidelines, oversight process, training materials, and related documents are equivalent to those of the AICPA Peer Review Program.
(5) For firms required to be registered with and inspected by the PCAOB, the board approves the PCAOB's inspection process for reviewing practices subject to its authority, and those firm's practice areas that are subject to PCAOB's inspection process are not included in the scope of the board's peer review programs. Firms receiving inspections under the PCAOB are also required to meet the peer review requirements of the board that covers the portion of the firm's practice not subject to the PCAOB inspection process if the firm performs those services.