(1) Parking of any motor vehicle in a state park, except either in a designated parking area, or in another area with the permission of the park manager, is prohibited. If the operator is not with the vehicle at the time of the violation, the registered owner of the motor vehicle is personally responsible. A defense that the motor vehicle was driven into a state park by another person is not allowed unless it is shown that at the time, the motor vehicle was being used without the consent of the registered owner.
(2) The park manager may designate and sign individual parking spaces or groups of parking spaces for specific uses such as, but not limited to, boat trailer parking, day use parking, and registered camper parking. Use of such parking spaces for other than the specified use is prohibited.
(3) Upon finding a vehicle in violation of this rule, the authorized personnel shall take its license plate or vehicle identification number and may take any other information displayed on the vehicle which may identify its user and shall conspicuously affix to the vehicle a notice of the parking violation.
(4) The notice of parking violation shall contain the following:
(a) a statement that the notice represents a determination that a violation of this rule has been committed by the owner or user of the vehicle and that the determination shall be final unless contested as provided by this article;
(b) a statement of the monetary penalty established for the parking violation, including that the violation may subject the owner to additional administrative fees if not paid within ten working days of the date of issuance of the citation; and
(c) a statement of the options provided herein for responding to the notice including appeal and the procedures necessary to exercise these options.
(5) For any person found to be in violation of (1), the fines shall be as follows:
(a) for each improper parking violation, the penalty shall be $25.00; and
(b) for parking in a designated handicap parking space, the penalty shall be $100.00.
(6) In addition to any fines imposed under (4), any vehicle found to be in violation of (1) may be towed at the owner's or operator's expense.
(7) The provisions of ARM 12.8.823 do not apply to this rule.
(8) Appeal of a parking violation may be heard pursuant to ARM 12.8.824.