(1) In accordance with 37-17-202, MCA, the board establishes requirements for the continuing education of licensed behavior analysts and assistant behavior analysts.
(2) The board/staff will not preapprove continuing education programs or sponsors. Qualifying criteria for continuing education are specified in these rules. It is the responsibility of the licensee to select quality programs that contribute to the licensee's knowledge and competence and that meet these criteria.
(3) A continuing education activity must meet the following criteria:
(a) The activity must:
(i) have significant intellectual or practical content;
(ii) deal primarily with substantive behavior analysis issues, skills, laws, rules, or ethical standards related to one's role as a behavior analyst or assistant behavior analyst; and
(iii) be conducted by an individual or group qualified by practical or academic experience.
(b) The board may accept continuing education activities from other professional groups or academic disciplines if the licensee demonstrates that the activity is substantially related to the licensee's role as a behavior analyst or assistant behavior analyst.
(4) All CE must be documented to show proof of completion. Documentation must include the following information:
(a) licensee name;
(b) course title and description of content;
(c) presenter or sponsor;
(d) course date(s); and
(e) number of CE hours earned.
(5) The licensee is responsible for maintaining CE records for three years following the renewal cycle reporting period and for making those records available upon request.