(1) A local government's share of allocated BARSAA program funds may be reserved for up to two years.
(2) A local government may only reserve allocated funds if it is unable to match the funds as required by 15-70-130, MCA.
(3) An eligible local government requestor must complete the BARSAA program reservation request form found on the Department of Transportation's web site at www.mdt.mt.gov.
(4) Completed fund reservation requests and all supplemental materials must be received between September 1 and November 1 of the fiscal year after the fiscal year in which the department allocated the funds.
(5) The local government requestor must adopt a resolution to reserve the funding, and state the reservation is necessary due to the local government's inability to match funds as required by 15-70-130, MCA. The resolution must be attached to the local government's reservation request to the department. Reservation requests must be verified via electronic signature, by the locally designated signature authority.
(6) If the local government does not request distribution of the reserved funds by November 1 of the fiscal year two years after the reservation request, the funds shall revert to the BARSAA local government restricted account to be allocated for the BARSAA program in the next calendar year.
(7) Requests for distribution of reserved funds are subject to the same distribution request requirements found in these rules.