(1) Each child care center shall have a director. The director is responsible for operation of the child care center at all times and shall ensure appropriate safety, supervision, protection, and guidance of the children.
(2) The director must meet the following minimum requirements:
(a) be at least 18 years of age;
(b) be current on the ECP Practitioner Registry;
(c) successfully completed teacher orientation as indicated in ARM 37.95.163;
(d) have one of the following:
(i) current ECP Practitioner Registry level 4 or higher;
(ii) current ECP Practitioner Registry level 3, plus two years of experience in a licensed child care facility or Head Start;
(iii) current ECP Practitioner Registry level 2, plus three years of experience in a licensed child care facility or Head Start;
(iv) a bachelor degree or higher in any field, plus completion of the 60 hour infant-toddler training and the 60 hour preschool course, or 120 hours of alternate training approved by the department; or
(v) a combination of education and experience may be considered. This option must be approved by the CCLP manager.
(3) The director must complete the program management essentials course within 60 days of becoming a director or successfully complete an approved new director orientation such as program essentials.
(4) The director is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable administrative rules within this chapter.
(5) The director or other authorized staff person shall review every incident or accident causing injury to a child, resulting in medical or dental care, and document the appropriate corrective action taken to avoid a reoccurrence.
(6) In the absence of the director, a staff member must be designated to oversee the operation of the center during the director's absence. The director or designee shall be in charge and physically available while children are in care, and shall ensure there is sufficient, qualified staff so that the care, wellbeing, health, and safety needs of children are met at all times.
(7) If the director will be absent from the center for more than 30 continuous days, the department shall be given written notice of the individual who has been appointed the designee. The designee must meet all the requirements of this rule.
(8) The owner of a child care center may serve as director if the owner meets the qualifications specified in this rule.