(1) All civil aircraft which meet the requirements of 67-3-201, MCA, and are customarily kept in this state must be registered by the owner with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the department prior to operation within this state.
(2) All civil aircraft must be initially registered by the owner with the department within the first 30 days of ownership.
(3) A registration fee under 67-3-206, MCA is assessed for each registration application or renewal, unless exempt by 67-3-102 or 67-3-201, MCA, or these rules.
(4) The aircraft owner is responsible for registration fees regardless of whether any registered agent, lessee, or other owner's agent has been identified.
(5) Registration must be renewed each year on or before March 1 upon payment of a renewal fee.
(6) No aircraft subject to Montana registration may operate in this state unless it displays a decal on the aircraft as visual proof of current registration.