(1) The label for a single ingredient product produced in an establishment under state inspection may be used on that product without prior review from the department.
(2) The label for a multiple ingredient product produced in an establishment under state inspection may not be used on that product unless the establishment has submitted the label for review and the label has been accepted by the department.
(3) Requests for label review must be submitted on an approved label application form containing all required information.
(4) Establishments must maintain a copy of all labels used on products that bear the state mark of inspection.
(5) The department's acceptance of a label is valid for three years from the date the acceptance was issued unless the department provides a shorter time period in its acceptance. Establishments must resubmit labels for renewal after the acceptance period has expired.
(6) During the acceptance period, the establishment producing the label must ensure that the label is updated to meet all regulatory requirements following changes to the product formulation, processing procedures, regulation, or other events that may render the label noncompliant with applicable regulations.