(1) Dental hygienist applicants shall be issued a temporary practice permit under 37-1-305(2), MCA, while waiting to take either their written national examination or their regional clinical examination.
(2) A dental hygienist holding a temporary practice permit may practice only under the direct supervision of a dentist licensed by the state of Montana.
(3) Any advertisement in which the temporary permit holder is named or pictured must state that the individual holds a temporary permit.
(4) Prior to issuance of the temporary practice permit, applicants and their supervising dentist(s) shall consent to the provisions of this rule and 37-1-305(2), MCA, in a signed statement filed with the department.
(5) Temporary permits shall not be available to nonroutine applicants absent board review and determination that issuance of the permit will not endanger the public.