(1) Labeling requirements apply to marijuana and marijuana products sold from a dispensary to customers. A licensee that sells marijuana or marijuana products to other licensees is not required to comply with labeling requirements.
(2) All information required on the label of marijuana or a marijuana product shall be:
(a) unobstructed and conspicuous. A licensee may affix multiple labels to a package, or use a booklet, accordion, or other type of label, provided that no required information is completely and permanently obstructed;
(b) displayed in a legible font, such as Times New Roman, Arial, or Helvetica. The lowercase letter "o" must be at least one-sixteenth of an inch in height;
(c) displayed in a color that contrasts conspicuously with the background; and
(d) displayed in English, although a licensee may choose to display required information in additional languages.
(3) All marijuana or marijuana products shall be labeled with the following information:
(a) strain name;
(b) the common or usual name of the marijuana product (e.g., flower, inhaled extract, edible, cookie, or drinkable, topical, transdermal patch);
(c) the name of the marijuana dispensary that sold the product and the license number or numbers of the cultivator and manufacturer, as applicable;
(d) the unique identification number generated from the seed-to-sale tracking system;
(e) date of harvest for marijuana flower or date of manufacture for marijuana products;
(f) the net quantity of contents of the marijuana product. The statement of quantity shall be:
(i) stated in U.S. Customary Units and Metric (SI) Units, with the latter enclosed in parentheses;
(ii) if the product is a liquid:
(A) expressed in terms of fluid measure; and
(B) preceded by the phrase "Net Contents" or "Net"; or
(iii) if the product is a solid, semi-solid, or viscous:
(A) expressed in terms of weight; and
(B) preceded by the phrase "Net Weight," the abbreviation "Nt. Wt.," or "Net."
(iv) In addition to weight or fluid measure, a licensee shall include the number of servings in the net quantity of contents statement if the product is a multi-serving marijuana product (e.g., Net Weight: 2 oz. (56.7 g) (10 cookies));
(g) the following statement: "This product has been tested and meets the requirements of the state of Montana."
(h) a QR code that links to the product's certificate of analysis with a statement informing customers they can scan the code to see additional product information;
(i) the universal symbol, available from the department's website. The universal symbol:
(i) shall be at least .33 inches wide and .33 inches high;
(ii) may be downloaded from the department's website; and
(iii) shall be in the following form:
(4) All marijuana and marijuana products shall be labeled with the following warnings:
(a) "Keep out of reach of children and pets";
(b) "This product may be addictive"; and
(c) "This product may have intoxicating effects. Do not drive while under the influence of marijuana."
(5) Marijuana or marijuana product labeling shall not contain any statement or information that is false or misleading.
(6) The label of manufactured marijuana products must identify the method of manufacturing (e.g., mechanical, chemical) and for chemical manufacturing must identify the solvent used in the manufacturing process.
(7) Marijuana or marijuana products that, because of their size, do not have sufficient space for all of the information required for compliance with the Act and department rules may, if approved by the department pursuant to 16-12-208, MCA, display the information required in (3) in a legible font that does not meet the minimum size requirement established in (2)(b).
(8) Marijuana or marijuana products in excess of the THC limits in 16-12-224, MCA, may only be sold to registered cardholders and must contain the following additional information:
(a) "For medical use only"; and
(b) "This product is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat, cure, or prevent any disease."
(9) Marijuana or marijuana products that do not require heat to administer or consume shall not have a total THC or total potential psychoactive THC value listed on the marijuana facts panel.