(1) Operators of custom combines are issued special permits to cover registration, gross vehicle weight fees, overwidth, overlength and overheight, and fuel requirements.
(2) Combines owned and operated by a farmer, used on the farmer's own lands and incidentally moved over the highways from a field owned or leased by the farmer to another field also owned or leased by the same farmer, or to a point for service or returned from service, are not subject to license or gross weight fees.
(3) Combines operated by implement dealers being delivered to a farmer or rancher, or moved from a farm or ranch to a dealer's place of business, or moved from dealer to dealer, are not subject to license of any kind.
(4) Custom combine permits include height up to and including 15 feet 6 inches and width up to and including 15 feet, and length up to and including 95 feet.
(5) Combine headers carried on a trailer may be hauled side by side, however the width may not exceed 12 feet.
(6) A custom combine permit may be operated within 100 air mile radius from the harvested field to the point of first unloading.
(7) The oversize portion of custom combine permits is not valid for operations other than those specific to custom combines.