(1) Pursuant to 61-8-912, MCA, there is a tow truck complaint resolution committee, consisting of six members.
(2) The Attorney General shall appoint the members of the committee. Applications for appointment to the committee from the patrol shall come from the colonel of the patrol. Applications from the tow truck industry, the commercial motor carrier industry, and the insurance industry may be made by anyone involved in those industries. Applications from the public may come from any interested person wishing to serve on the committee.
(3) The deadline and procedure for appointment to the committee shall be established by the Attorney General and posted on the Department of Justice's web site. The Attorney General will provide reasonable notice of the deadline and application procedure.
(4) All applications must be in writing and must be in accordance with the procedure established by the Attorney General.
(5) The terms of the members of the committee shall be three years, starting in the month of the year of the member's appointment. The Attorney General shall stagger the terms and shall appoint the successor to any committee member unable to complete his or her term.
(6) The Attorney General may remove any member of the committee for any reason prior to the completion of their term. In such instance, the Attorney General shall appoint the successor to any committee member. The successor member shall complete the term of the member whom they replaced and may apply to be appointed to subsequent terms.
(7) The committee shall hold an annual meeting in December of each year. At its annual meeting, the committee shall elect a chair to preside over its meetings and hearings. The committee shall also elect a vice chair to preside in the chair's absence. A quorum of the committee shall consist of at least four members, one of whom must be from the tow truck industry. A majority vote of a quorum is necessary for the committee to take any official action.