(1) Applicants sitting for the board-approved exam shall adhere to the standards and requirements for admission to the examinations, including the payment of appropriate fees.
(a) Applicants must submit the testing eligibility letter to the examination vendor in order to schedule their examination.
(b) Applicants must provide a photo ID at the examination location to be admitted to the examination.
(2) Applicants shall obtain a scale score of at least 75 percent to pass the written examination and 75 percent to pass the practical examination.
(3) Applicants who have failed either the written or practical examination shall apply to retake the failed examination and pay the necessary examination fees as required.
(4) Applicants who fail the written examination three times must wait 60 days before each subsequent reexamination.
(5) Applicants must have an examination eligibility letter in order to schedule and take both the written and practical board-approved exam.
(a) Montana-enrolled students or graduates of a Montana-licensed school under this chapter will receive their testing eligibility letter from the school. Students are eligible to take the written and practical portion of the board-approved exam following 90 percent completion of their educational requirements have been met.
(b) Applicants licensed by credentialing who are required to take the board-approved exam will receive their testing eligibility letter from the board office, once the proof of graduation or license verification in another state is received.
(6) The testing eligibility letter is valid for 180 days from the date of the letter.
(7) Once the applicant has taken and passed the examination the applicant shall notify the board office. The board office will verify the examination scores directly with the vendor.
(8) Instructor applicants applying for a license under 37-31-305(2)(d)(ii), MCA, are required to provide an affidavit of three years of experience in a particular area of practice to the board office in order to receive a testing eligibility letter.