(1) Licensed residential, journeyman or master electricians shall have their license on their person at all times when employed at the trade. A licensed residential, journeyman, master or apprentice electrician who does not have the required proof of licensure while working in the electrical field may be subject to the issuance of a licensing citation under 37-68-316 , MCA for failure to provide proof of licensure.
(2) Electrical contractors shall have their contractor's license posted at their place of business.
(3) A licensed residential electrician shall perform work only in the employment of a licensed electrical contractor. A licensed residential electrician shall perform work only on residential construction consisting of less than five living units in a single structure.
(4) A licensed journeyman or master electrician who is not the responsible electrician for a licensed electrical contractor, shall perform work only in the employment of a licensed electrical contractor.
(5) The responsible electrician of a licensed electrical contractor shall not allow any person to perform electrical work unless properly licensed or working with a valid temporary practice permit.
(6) The responsible electrician of a licensed electrical contractor is responsible for timely obtaining any permit or inspection required by the state of Montana or the state or local building code enforcement entity and is responsible for ensuring that the work performed meets the requirements of the state of Montana and the National Electrical Code.
(7) An electrical contractor, master, journeyman, or residential electrician may not allow their license to be used by another individual, firm, corporation or business for the purpose of obtaining electrical permits or for performing electrical work.
(8) An electrical contractor, master, journeyman, or residential electrician may not perform work outside of the scope of their license.