(1) A temporary practice permit may be issued to an applicant upon completion of an application, submission of verification of experience, payment of the appropriate fees, and approval by the board or designated board representative. An applicant for a master electrician license may be issued a journeyman temporary practice permit.
(2) An active temporary practice permit allows an applicant to perform work while employed by a licensed electrical contractor.
(3) A temporary practice permit issued to an applicant for an electrician license shall expire 60 days from the date of issuance or upon receipt of licensure examination results.
(4) A temporary practice permit does not allow an individual to act as a responsible electrician for a licensed electrical contractor.
(5) Applicants who fail an exam with a score of 69 percent or less are not eligible for a temporary practice permit.
(6) Subsequent temporary practice permits may be issued at the discretion of the board.