Prev Next


(1) The board may, on a case-by-case basis, enter into a reciprocity agreement with another state or jurisdiction whose requirements are substantially equivalent or greater than the standards of this state for purposes of issuing a residential or journeyman electrician license.

(2) The board may issue a license by endorsement to an applicant provided that the applicant:

(a) files a completed application with the required fees;

(b) holds a current, valid and unrestricted license to practice in the category applied for in another state or jurisdiction;

(c) supplies a copy of the laws and rules in effect at the time of application to this state which shows that the standards in that state are equivalent to or greater than the standards in effect in this state; and

(d) provides official written verification directly from the other state(s) or jurisdiction(s) that the license has been held by the applicant for one year, that the license is active, that the license is in good standing, and that the test score received was equal to or greater than 75 percent.

(3) A license that was issued by a city, county, or other similar municipality will not be considered for licensure by reciprocity or endorsement.

(4) The Montana electrical board does not reciprocate or endorse master electrician or electrical contractor licenses.

History: 37-1-131, 37-68-201, MCA; IMP, 37-1-304, MCA; NEW, 2001 MAR p. 2418, Eff. 12/7/01; TRANS, from Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 1755; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 1665, Eff. 9/25/09.

Home  |   Search  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Help  |   Disclaimer  |   Privacy & Security