(1) The applicant for licensure may apply to take the Montana medication aide I exam if the applicant:
(a) has completed a board-approved medication aide I training program as outlined in these rules; or
(b) holds an unencumbered certification or license in another state or U.S. jurisdiction to administer medications.
(2) In order to be licensed as a medication aide I in Montana, the applicant shall pass the board-approved medication aide I exam.
(a) The applicant may take the examination up to three times. If not successful on the third try, the applicant must retake and pass the medication aide I training program before being eligible to take the examination again.
(b) The applicant must pass the exam within 12 months of satisfactorily completing the medication aide I training program, or else the applicant must complete the training program again before being eligible to take the exam.
(3) The application will be kept on file for one year. If the applicant fails to complete the requirements for application within one year, a new application and fee will be required.
(4) Licenses shall be issued for one-year periods, and shall expire on the date set by ARM 24.101.413.
(5) Renewal forms must be completed and returned to the board before the date set by ARM 24.101.413, together with the renewal fee.