(1) "Direct supervision" means the physical presence of the licensed supervisor. Direct supervision is required for level I, II and III-A apprentices.
(2) "Grand multiparity" means a woman who is in her sixth or greater full term pregnancy.
(3) "Indirect supervision" means the immediate availability of the licensed supervisor by telephone.
(4) "Morbidity" means a pathological condition of the mother and/or baby that presents with symptoms peculiar to what is within normal limits during the prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum periods which requires transfer of care to a physician, transport to a hospital and/or emergency measures. This, or client refusal to refer to transfer care, shall be reported to the board within 72 hours, on a form prescribed by the board.
(5) "Personal supervision" means either direct or indirect supervision as required for direct-entry midwife apprenticeships.