(1) All contractors must comply with the staffing requirements of this rule.
(2) The contractor must maintain minimum staffing ratios in each program of service, as specified for each program in the contract.
(3) The contractor must ensure the presence of awake night staff in applicable programs, when specified in the contract.
(4) The contractor must provide for emergency, back-up staff in applicable programs, when specified in the contract.
(5) Procedures for supervision of staff including day, evening, night and weekend staff must be maintained, implemented and documented in applicable programs, when specified in the contract.
(a) Supervision of staff must include the provision of guidance and direction to on-line staff in a sufficient and reasonable manner to ensure that the individuals served receive appropriate, quality care and treatment. Supervision of staff can include having a supervisor on call or available to provide assistance to on-line staff on an as needed basis. Some periodic and unscheduled on site visits should be utilized as a means of ensuring and maintaining appropriate staff behavior.