(1) POST test screening shall be conducted for those applicants who have successfully completed the testing procedures, who have been ranked according to the ranking procedures, and in accordance with the space available in the basic courses to be presented by the academy in the year following the test date. The availability of space shall be determined by the academy administrator.
(2) All preservice applicants shall be required to provide two sets of classifiable fingerprints and a photograph of not less than 1 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches of the applicant's full face, head and shoulders at the time an application is submitted.
(3) The academy administrator or designee shall conduct criminal history, prior employment, and character and background checks on each applicant selected for POST test screening.
(4) An oral interview board shall be created consisting of the academy administrator or designee, a representative of a county sheriff's office, a representative of a municipal police department, and a member of the general public.
(a) An alternate representative of a county sheriff's office, representative of a municipal police department, and a member of the general public will also be appointed to serve whenever a representative person is unable to attend an interview. All appointments to the board shall be made by the academy administrator and confirmed by the POST advisory council.
(5) The oral interview board shall interview all preservice applicants who successfully pass the background checks. Applicants who fail the interview will not be considered for admission to any basic course scheduled for the year following this process.
(6) Total possible points for applicants who pass the oral interview will be fifty-five points. Applicants who pass will be granted from 1 - 55 points based upon their interview performance.
(7) Any information discovered during any portion of the POST test screening process that is contrary to the qualifications and requirements of 7-32-303, MCA, or of these rules will result in no further consideration of the applicant for attendance in a basic course.