24.207.2101 CONTINUING EDUCATION
(1) Continuing education courses shall be approved according to the criteria of ARM 24.207.504, including application for reapproval after three years.
(2) An examination shall not be required.
(3) Courses must be a minimum of two hours in length to receive approval.
(4) Application may be made for continuing education credit for participation other than as a student in appraisal education processes and programs. Examples of activities for which credit may be granted are teaching, program development, authorship of textbooks, or similar activities which are determined by the board to be equivalent to obtaining continuing education.
(5) Every other renewal year, licensees shall provide evidence to the board of having completed at least 28 hours of instruction in courses or seminars approved by the board, at least seven hours of which must be the national Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) course.
(6) All continuing education courses must be taken and completed within the licensee's educational cycle.
(7) The board may audit licensees for compliance with continuing education requirements. Audited licensees must provide copies of completion certificates to the board as verification of compliance within 30 days after mailing of the audit request.
History: 37-1-131, 37-1-319, 37-54-105, 37-54-303, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-1-306, 37-54-105, 37-54-303, 37-54-310, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 1924, Eff. 10/18/91; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 1584, Eff. 6/10/94; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 308, Eff. 2/11/97; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 1360, Eff. 8/5/97; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 744, Eff. 3/27/98; AMD, 1999 MAR p. 2624, Eff. 11/19/99; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 3521, Eff. 12/22/00; TRANS, from Commerce, 2001 MAR p. 1331; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 235, Eff. 1/31/03; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 765, Eff. 3/24/06; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1583, Eff. 7/1/06; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 472, Eff. 4/13/07; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 2272, Eff. 10/24/08.