(1) A licensee not requesting a change from the type of license currently held may renew the license if the licensee completes a renewal application form provided by the department, pays the license renewal application fee required by ARM 17.56.1404, and provides sufficient proof that the applicant has satisfactorily completed the continuing education requirements required by (3), (4), or (5).
(2) The department shall renew the license of any person who complies with the provisions of (1) within 30 days of receipt of the renewal application.
(3) Licensed installers whose licenses are restricted to closures and licensed closure inspectors must complete at least one department-approved training course for a total of four credit hours of continuing education within the three years prior to the date the current license expires. One course must be a department-sponsored refresher training course.
(4) A licensed installer whose license is restricted to the installation of external leak detection devices need not take formal continuing education courses to demonstrate continuing competency in monitoring well installation if the installer:
(a) is currently a licensed water well constructor;
(b) submits to the department a copy of the current water well constructor license; and
(c) provides evidence of at least three successful installations performed within the three years prior to the date the current installer license expires.
(5) All licensees not subject to (3) or (4) must complete at least two department-approved or sponsored continuing education courses for a total of 16 credit hours of continuing education within the three years prior to the date the current license expires. One course must be a department-sponsored refresher training course.
(6) The department shall notify a licensee of the impending expiration of the license at least 60 days prior to the expiration date of the license. The licensee shall keep the department informed of the licensee's current address for notification purposes. Failure of the department to notify the licensee does not affect the expiration of the license.
(7) An installer whose license has expired for any reason is subject to the same licensing requirements as a new applicant, including payment of the license application and examination fees and the satisfactory completion of the written licensing examination.