As used in this subchapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Current address" means residence address or mailing address. For the purposes of this subchapter, an address is presumed to be current unless proved otherwise.
(2) "Driver's license number" means a number provided by the Montana Motor Vehicle Division on either a Montana Motor Vehicle Division driver's license or a Montana Motor Vehicle Division identification card.
(3) "Election official" means an election administrator, election deputy, or election judge.
(4) "Election worker" means an individual designated to perform election support duties.
(5) "Elector" means an individual qualified to vote under state law.
(6) "Identification" for the purposes of voting by absentee and mail ballot means any of the following:
(a) a current photo identification showing the elector's name, including, but not limited to, a valid driver's license, a school district or postsecondary education photo identification, or a tribal photo identification; or
(b) a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows the elector's name and current address.
(c) For the purposes of this subchapter, identification is presumed to be current and valid unless proved otherwise. A driver's license or identification card is presumed to be current and valid if it is issued by any motor vehicle agency, regardless of its status. Any other photo identification is sufficient if it includes the name and photo of the individual.
(7) "Legally registered electors" include but are not limited to electors who were properly registered prior to January 1, 2003, and those who registered on or after that date whose applications for voter registration were accepted, processed, and verified as provided by law.
(8) "Notice by the most expedient method available" means notification that shall occur by any of the following, at the discretion of the election administrator:
(c) facsimile machine;
(d) in person; or
(e) e-mail or other electronic means.