(1) Lifeguards are required to be present and on duty during the operation of any municipally owned or operated pool, spa, or other water feature except splash decks.
(2) Water slides that are 11 feet or greater in height may be required to provide a lifeguard at the bottom of the slide and an attendant at the top of the slide as decided by the department.
(3) Lifeguards are required for all wave pools and all vortex pools.
(4) When lifeguards are required, the facility must have certified or licensed lifeguards who are authorized and assigned to enforce and ensure compliance with all safety rules at the pool, spa, or other water features and surrounding deck area.
(5) When lifeguards are provided voluntarily, all lifeguard requirements must be met.
(6) Lifeguards shall be stationed around any pool, spa, or other water feature in a pattern that provides them clear line of sight to all areas of the pool, spa, or other water feature.
(7) When a lifeguard is required or provided at a pool or other water feature, an elevated seat for the lifeguard must be provided in areas where water depth is deeper than five feet. The lifeguard chair must be located within two feet of the edge of the swimming pool and must be high enough to give the lifeguard a complete and unobstructed view of the area of the pool that the lifeguard is responsible for patrolling.
(8) Lifeguards shall be equipped with a rescue tube and must be attired so that they are readily identifiable as members of the lifeguard staff.
(9) Lifeguards shall remain attentive to bathers at all times, and minimize any source of distraction.