(1) The referring worker shall submit a referral as defined in (3) to the committee chair for any youth who will be placed in a residential placement for a period exceeding 45 days pursuant to 41-5-121, MCA.
(2) Prior to the disposition hearing the referring worker shall submit a referral as defined in (3) to the committee for any youth who may be committed to the department pursuant to 41-5-1512 or 41-5-1513, MCA.
(3) A referral must include a primary and alternative recommendation which are comparable in levels of care and security. The referral must be made in writing and must include the following information:
(a) a referral form provided by the department;
(b) a social summary or predisposition report;
(c) any evaluations pertaining to the youth;
(d) any school reports available to the referring worker which may be relevant to the selection of an appropriate placement;
(e) any medical reports which may be relevant to the selection of an appropriate placement;
(f) any legal documentation pertaining to the youth;
(g) the referring worker's recommendations as to available facilities which may be appropriate for the youth, including information regarding estimated costs of care and proposed length of treatment necessary for the youth; and
(h) an assessment of the youth's treatment needs using a recognized assessment or evaluation instrument which indicates the specific outcomes expected from the treatment or placement and how those outcomes will be measured and documented.
(4) In the case of a change of placement under 41-5-121, MCA, the person responsible for supervision pursuant to 41-5-1523(2) , MCA, shall submit a referral to the committee chair when change in a placement lasting longer than 45 days is contemplated. Placement or discharge of a youth from a state youth correctional facility or a state operated facility is not a change of placement under this rule.
(5) Five copies of the referral form and the social summary or predisposition report must be submitted to the placement committee chair prior to the scheduled meeting for distribution to committee members.
(6) The referring worker must provide any other referral information relative to the youth and the recommended placements to the committee chair prior to the scheduled meeting.
(7) The committee chair must convene the youth placement committee meeting within 10 working days of the chair's receipt of the referral.