(1) The department shall make available the incumbent worker training grant application form(s), which a business entity must complete in conjunction with a recommending entity for the purpose of applying for a grant award.
(2) The fiscal year for this program is from July 1 through June 30. A business entity may submit an application to a recommending entity during the fiscal year for eligible training that will begin during that same fiscal year. The recommending entity shall verify that the business entity is an employer that meets the definition of ARM 24.22.301 and that the information contained in the application is accurate and complete. The recommending entity shall evaluate the application based upon the incumbent worker training program grant award criteria provided in 53-2-1218, MCA, and makes a recommendation as to:
(a) whether a grant should be awarded; and
(b) the proposed amount of the grant award.
(3) Applications submitted to the department for grant funding must be signed and dated by both the employer and an authorized representative of the recommending entity, and address at a minimum the following:
(a) the goals of the proposed training of incumbent workers; and
(b) the anticipated economic benefits from the training.
(4) The recommending entity shall submit a recommendation for approval or denial to the department with each completed grant application.
(5) If the grant application seeks funding for a conference, the application must be accompanied by additional justification as required by the department.