(1) Retailers who sell lottery tickets are entitled to a 5 percent base commission of the face value of tickets sold.
(2) Retailers who sell scratch tickets may increase the scratch ticket commission up to an additional 5 percent.
(a) Each retailer is assigned a scratch ticket sales base. The scratch ticket sales base is determined using the prior fiscal year’s average scratch ticket pack activations minus pack returns.
(b) For each sales quarter, the retailer's scratch tickets are measured against the assigned base by scratch tickets activated and not returned to the lottery.
(c) For each 2 percent increase in retailer's sales over the established base sales during the sales quarter, the retailer's commission must be increased by an additional 0.5 percent, not to exceed a 10 percent total commission for any quarter.
(3) Retailers who sell terminal-issued tickets designated in lottery policy may increase the terminal-issued commission for participating games up to an additional 5 percent.
(a) Each retailer is assigned a terminal-issued ticket sales base for participating games. The terminal-issued ticket quarterly sales base is determined by a retailer’s previous year's sales performance. Retailers with quarterly revenue greater than $1,000 are eligible for this bonus program.
(b) For each sales quarter, the retailer's terminal-issued tickets are measured against the assigned base by gross sales for participating games.
(c) Retailers who achieve the minimum sales quarter growth requirement must receive an additional bonus rate commission for participating terminal-issued games, not to exceed a 10 percent total commission for any quarter.
(4) Retailer ticket sales bases, minimum requirements, and bonus rates may be adjusted annually at the discretion of the commission.
(5) Annually, the director's staff shall review the plan for providing additional commissions to sales agents based on incremental sales and report to the commission. This review will include a recommendation for maintaining the existing plan or modifying the plan for the next year.