For purposes of this sub-chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Full-time employment" means employment wherein the responsible electrician is available to procure, perform, administer, and supervise all electrical work being performed by the electrical contractor.
(2) "Limited electrical contractor" means a licensed electrical contractor limited to residential construction consisting of less than five living units in a single structure.
(3) "Maintenance" means ordinary and customary in-plant or on-site installations, modifications, additions or repairs which shall be limited to relamping fixtures, replacing ballasts, trouble shooting motor controls, replacing motors, breakers, magnetic starters, in kind-for-kind manner. Also included are connection of specific items of specialized equipment that can be directly connected to an existing branch circuit panel by means of factory installed leads. If a new circuit is required to operate the equipment or if the size of the supply conductors needs to be increased, it shall be considered new work if permitted and inspected by the appropriate building code authority.
(4) "Responsible electrician" means the person engaged in a full-time capacity that is responsible for all licensed electrical work performed by the electrical contractor.
(5) "Unlimited electrical contractor" means a licensed electrical contractor that is licensed to perform electrical work on commercial, residential, industrial and institutional electrical installations as covered by the national electrical code.