(1) If the employer complies and submits the requested records, they are examined to determine if a violation has occurred. The records are reviewed in accordance with ARM 24.17.301.
(2) In addition, the records are reviewed to determine if the employer has a fringe benefit fund, plan, or program and whether the fund, plan, or program meets the requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 or that such fund, plan, or program is approved by the U.S. department of labor.
(3) In addition, the records are reviewed to determine whether the employer has contributed with the trust fund or private insurance company the benefits being claimed.
(4) If an inspection of the records reveals no violation, a letter is sent to the employer advising that the records are in order, no violations have been found and the file is closed. A copy of the letter is sent to all parties involved.
(5) If an inspection of the information submitted by the employer reveals a violation, the investigation is continued.