(1) Nonmedical transportation is the provision to a recipient of transportation through common carrier or private vehicle for access to social or other nonmedical activities.
(2) Nonmedical transportation services are provided only after volunteer transportation services, or transportation services funded by other programs, have been exhausted.
(3) Nonmedical transportation providers must provide proof of:
(a) a valid Montana driver's license;
(b) adequate automobile insurance; and
(c) assurance of vehicle compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
(4) Nonmedical transportation services must be provided by the most cost effective mode.
(5) Nonmedical transportation services are available only for the transport of recipients to and from activities that are included in the individual plan of care.