10.16.3136 SPECIAL EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL STAFF QUALIFICATIONS
(1) Special education teachers and related service personnel must hold licenses consistent with state licensing or educator licensing requirements for the subjects they teach and the services they provide.
(a) Supervisors of special education teaching personnel must have a Class 3 administrator's certificate with a principal's endorsement or a supervisor's endorsement in special education.
(2) All special education and related services for students with disabilities shall be provided under the direction of qualified personnel.
(3) Each local educational agency must require that each administrator which provides or supervises the provision of special education and related services to students with disabilities obtains specific skills which enable the administrator to deal effectively with students with disabilities. These skills may be obtained through formal training or in-service training.
(4) Each local educational agency must require that each teacher who implements education services to students with disabilities obtains specific skills which enable the teacher to deal effectively with students with disabilities under the teacher's supervision. These skills may be obtained through formal training or in-service training or consultation.
(5) Paraprofessional personnel (e.g., teacher aide or instructional assistant) shall meet current Board of Public Education accreditation standards under ARM 10.55.715.
History: 20-7-402, MCA; IMP, 20-7-403, MCA; NEW, 1993 MAR p. 1913, Eff. 8/13/93; AMD & TRANS, 2000 MAR p. 1048, Eff. 7/1/00; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 1383, Eff. 6/18/04; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 678, Eff. 5/25/07.