10.53.1206 CONTENT STANDARDS FOR LIBRARY MEDIA AND INFORMATION LITERACY FOR FOURTH GRADE
(1) Build new knowledge by inquiring, thinking critically, identifying problems, and developing strategies for solving problems.
(a) Ask "why" questions in order to formulate a question about a topic; and
(b) use an inquiry process to solve a problem.
(2) Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to inclusiveness and respect for diversity in the learning community, including the distinct and unique cultural heritage of American Indians.
(a) Articulate and identify one's own place in the global community and respect others' cultural identities; and
(b) explore sources written by authors with diverse backgrounds.
(3) Work effectively with others to broaden perspectives and work toward common goals.
(a) Find information in print, digital, and other resources on a topic of personal interest;
(b) work in teams to produce original works or solve problems; and
(c) use technology tools for independent and collaborative publishing activities.
(4) Make meaning by collecting, organizing, and sharing resources of personal relevance.
(a) Organize possible sources of information that will help answer questions or an information need; and
(b) use text features to decide which resources are best to use and why.
(5) Exercise freedom to read and demonstrate the ability to pursue personal interests.
(a) Read, listen to, and view a range of resources for a variety of purposes;
(b) recognize features of various genres and use different reading strategies for understanding;
(c) connect personal feelings to characters and events portrayed in a literary work;
(d) set reading goals; and
(e) demonstrate knowledge of authors and genres.
(6) Demonstrate safe, legal, and ethical creating and sharing of knowledge products.
(a) Acknowledge and credit the work of others; and
(b) use information, technology and media tools responsibly and safely.
History: Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-2-114, MCA; IMP, Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-2-121, 20-3-106, 20-7-101, MCA; NEW, 2020 MAR p. 2140, Eff. 7/1/21.